Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chilli chicken and Chicken Fry

Recipe adapted from here.I skipped ajinomotto from the original recipe and made it little spicer than the original.This dish turned out to be a hit.Both H and R loved it.I paired this dish with store brought 'kulcha naan' and home style kerala chicken fry.

Kerala Chicken fry

Ingredients

Chicken drumsticks - 6 (skinned)
Ginger garlic paste - 2tbsp
Red chilli powder - 2tsp
Tumeric powder - 1/2tsp
Salt - as needed
Vinegar - 1/2tsp
Oil - needed for deep frying

Method

Clean,pat dry and make big slits on the drumsticks with knife.Make a paste of rest of the ingredients except oil with just enough water.Let this marinate for 1/2 to 1 hour in the refrigerator.Heat oil for deep frying and fry the drumsticks till they are fully cooked on the inside and crispy on the out.Serve it hot with roti/rice.





14 comments:

Revathi said...

chicken fry and chilli chicken on same day ? - Looks yummy - its 1 AM but am still drooling

Rachel said...

that platter there looks very fulfilling

FH said...

Slurp! I am going to try some of your recipes when I go on break. Both look delicious, specially the Kerala one!:)

Dhivya said...

wow!kerala chicken looking awesome..i am going to try this soon

Cham said...

The kerala chicken sure is a winner :)

Finla said...

Superb. Love it

Kalai said...

Looks wonderful, Maheshwari! Pls send me a plate! :)

Pooja V said...

Looks ownderl and ur chicken dishes rock.

Unknown said...

the chicken looks delicious..yummy..

remya said...

chicken looks gorgeous dear...love both....droolworthy!!!

Rama said...

Chicken looks delicious....

vandana rajesh said...

Hi maheswari.. The kerala chicken looks real yummy. Thanks for visiting my blog feels gr8 to know that the lollipops recipe turned out well for you.

Dori said...

Mmmmm, It looks soooo good! I think I better get something to eat, I'm starving now for chicken.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maheswari,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. I am very impressed with the quality of your posts and to that end, I’d like to invite you to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.


Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com