Friday, January 12, 2007

A Fruit A Month



Photo Source wikipedia

An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away,Your Food Shall Be Your Medicine - just two of the many proverbs/quotes telling us the importance of fruit,food and diet.Fruits,been there as a good diet for man since ADAM n' EVE.They so rich with minerals, vitamins, etc.They are known to be good remedy for some of the common illness and for much serious health issues.For example,Grapefruit juice is known to be good for cold while Pomegranate fruit is good for your heart.It's shame, if you are like me who doesn't take as much as fruit as needed.So i thought of this idea of making us eat more fruit through FOOD BLOGGING which we love and have in common.So here is AFAM - A Fruit A Month.Rule are pretty much the same as other Blog Events.


1.Based on the fruit of the month, you have to come up with a recipe with the fruit in any form fresh or dried.

2.Post the recipe on your blog and if you could post the picture also by 20 th of the month.

3.If you can, write more info about the fruit.Like my mom always says Pomegranate fruit is good for your healh especially for your heart.Some of might know about home medicine used for common cold/fever using fruits.

4.Email me your name,the pic,permalink of your recipe/pic to beyondusual@gmail.com with AFAM -(fruit name)as the subject.

5.Fruit of the month will be announced during the first week of that month. You have to email me your post by the 20th of that month and the final round up will be done in the last ten days.


So here is the fruit of this month "BANANA" suggested by Lakshmik.


Hoping to see more of you participate and spread the word about AFAM around the Blogworld.



22 comments:

FH said...

Easy!!:))If I already have a recipe,can I just link to you with a photo? I don't have a banana dish right now but if I had one...

Unknown said...

Asha,thanks for the prompt reply.I guess you could do that.But i was hoping you would post new recipe this month...:)

Revathi said...

hmm banana recipe ?? I know one let me post one today !! thanks for the event

Anonymous said...

Great Maheswari! I love this event! I just tried banana muffin and now I have a good reason to post it immediately. Iam there for the event. BTW thanks for taking up the meme. I understand how one gets hooked to crochet. I was once a mad at it!

Bong Mom said...

Neat idea. Liked reading your meme too

Anonymous said...

This is easy!!!!! Will come up with something :)

www.mykhazanaofrecipes.wordpress.com

Suma Gandlur said...

Maheswari,
Like your idea about the fruit event. I will definitely participate in this.
Thanks for dropping my blog.

Vaishali said...

I love your idea of this event, Maheswari. I read about it only now, so I wonder whether I'll be able to post anything for the theme 'banana', but I would love to. Fingers crossed!
Anyway, all the best to this event! I can see it becoming popular in no time. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Revathi,Lakshiammal,sandeepa,coffee,suma and vaishali..thanks for your support.

Vaishali..u still got time to post the recipe.

Seema Bhat said...

Maheswari, Yooo hooooI guess I am right on time. I jsut posted a fruitsalad recipe in my blog where I use banana as main ingredient in making home made icecream as well as in the fruitsalad. This will be my entry for AFAM.
Thank you so much. Will email you the link and the picture.
Cheers
Seema

Anonymous said...

love to praticipate.. but not sure lil one is sick...and thanks for visiting my blog.

J said...

odMy first visit here - I s'pose I'm a bit late to take part in AFAM this month! But hopefully I'll participate next time!

Prema Sundar said...

Iam late for it... wish i had taken part... will try it next time

m3rni3 said...

Dis event sounds interesting!! I'll try to whip up something if i can and participate in this event .. ;-)

FH said...

Mahesh,it's so adorable!! Thank you so much for creating the logo,I will be proud to display with my every entry!

Anupama said...

Hi there, visited your blog for the fisrt time today and realy liked the idea of A fruit a Month. I would love to participate. Infact I know what I am going to make.

Mansi said...

Hi maheshwari, first time here and came here through AFAM!! this concept is great, i love fruits and this event series is one of my favs! in fact, I'd be thrilled to host it sometime for you:)

M'nMs said...

Yumm! Love Bananas and my favourite recipe is Magnolia Bakery's Banana Pudding. Was one of my first few posts so wont qualify. Now I need to think of another one :) Did make Banana smoothie but guess that's ones out too :)

krystyna said...

Hi Mahesh!
I came here through Asha's wonderful blog.
I love fruits and I wrote and will be write more this year.
Here is a post about my lovely banana:

http://unblock22.blogspot.com/2006/09/bananas_12.html

(Your Health&Wellbeing)

You have an amazong place!
Best to you!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Hi,

Just a short note to let you know that April's AFAM (Kumquats) round-up is now online:

http://www.coffeeandvanilla.com/?p=2213

Margot

Anonymous said...

Wow...a fantastic idea of having a fruit a day. I am going to blog about this thing in my blog. Keep up the good work...

Jitendra Indave said...

good idea indeed !!